Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

Green nails and monochrome.

I've had a very lovely week fashion and beauty wise, everything else hasn't been so great. I had to have a filling this week and I hate the dentist, not them personally just them jabbing and drilling etc. But I won't bore you with my teeth trauma anymore. 

My nail varnish addiction struck again this week and I went all out on my nails using three different nail varnishes. 
My nails this week. 
I used the Barry M gelly hi shine nail varnish in 'Watermelon' as a base colour for all my nails the link for that is here Barry M nail varnish, on the Boots website it is called dark green. This was just for a base of a green colour to then apply my Topshop nail varnish. This is in the picture above is the middle nail varnish, the colour is 'Eclipse' and the link for that is here...Eclipse nail varnish.  I then just added to my ring finger on each hand a layer of multi coloured glitter nail varnish, this nail varnish is from Primark and is like £2.00. I don't have a link for that one but I've seen a similar one in Urban Outfitters. So hope you like my green shiny nails.

So I received another lovely goodie from Ethics, in case you missed my last blog post about them the link for that is here...Ethics blog post. This time it was clothing and by clothing I mean a gorgeous machine embroidered shirt. It was £30 but worth every penny as I choose what design I wanted and the shirt also.
This a close up of the design.
I'd seen this design on a denim shirt and loved the design but wanted it on a oversized white shirt instead. I messaged Sarah who is so lovely and she said no problem and within no time my shirt was in my arms. Here's a link to my shirt on the Ethics Facebook page before it arrived with me... the shirt. I love the shirt the colours are gorgeous and the detail is amazing, I love to support Ethics as I'm a small blogger at the moment and we can help each other out which is great for everyone. I decided to wear this shirt with a high low black sheer skirt which I brought in Newlook last year. I also wore my Primark faux leather tassle jacket and some of my mums boots. For accessories I wore my eagle necklace which is also from Ethics as mentioned above. 
The link for the Ethics facebook page is here... Ethics, you can see all new items added and message on anything you are interested in or any customisation you may require.
The whole ensemble. 
I thought the look was very strong as the outfit majority is black but the white shirt with the lovely detailing of the feathers stands out against the black. I really loved this look, as you probably know by now I love wearing black so this outfit really was perfect for me and I was very happy with the outcome. 

Now just because I love you guys I have another look to show you, I know I spoil you. It's another monochrome look as I love the trend as I find it so easy to style and wear. Also I love the look as all the clothing except the shoes are from Ebay and in total all the clothing cost around £15 (including postage) which is a total bargain! I started the look with a monochrome geometric/aztec patterned tight skirt. It's almost like a pencil skirt but not with so much fitting towards the bottom of the skirt. The skirt is unbranded so can't help you guys with that sorry. I then added a oversized some what cropped loose knit t shirt jumper. It's black but has a silver sparkle running through all the jumper, the jumper is from H&M. I then teamed the outfit with a white fitted blazer which is from Next and I brought from Ebay last month.

My boots are from Tesco and are flat sort of Chelsea boots. My necklace is a tribal looking necklace with turquoise beads for embellishment, this is from Primark and was only £3 which I thought was very cheap as the necklace does look expensive. 

On my face I have neutral make up as usual but I wore a orange/coral coloured lipstick to add some vibrant colour to the look. The lipstick is by Rimmel (as are a lot of my lipsticks) and is number 210 'Coral in Gold', it's quite sheer,  I wear a lip tint underneath the lipstick as a base. The lipstick has a nice orange, golden colour which I find suits a tanned/olive skin colour really well. 
For my hair I put a few loose curls through it and pulled a small section of hair back on each side and secured it in place with some bobby pins. 
Hope you've enjoyed the new post and keep sharing and following as it is so appreciated.
Thanks everyone x


10 comments:

  1. Love your first monochrome look, love them Chelsea Boots! No way are they from Tesco!

    Great blog!

    www.shesmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I know Tesco's clothing has really improved. Followed your blog it's lovely

      Delete
  2. love the white blazer, and your nails looks amazing! i actually really like primark nail polish, they are so cheap! X

    39augusts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I love the blazer too, thank you. For a cheapy nail polish it's great x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks you should really check out the Ethics facebook page, their detail on clothing is fantastic x

      Delete
  4. Thanks, your blog is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your new follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the monochrome look!

    Honeyashleigh.com

    ReplyDelete