Pages

Monday 25 January 2016

Equality and Diversity



* all images my own. 

I'm currently doing my Art and Design Foundation course and thought I'd share some of my recent work. I wanted to share this particular project as I feel it is something more of us need to educate ourselves on. The project was titled Equality and Diversity and I decided to look at sexual assault and the way in which we view the victims, this idea of victim blaming and look at the vulnerability and naivety of some people's views on sexual assault. 
I was inspired to look at sexual assault after the recent BBC 3 documentary, Is This Rape? Sex on Trail. After watching this documentary I was horrified by the lack of knowledge of what is deemed sexual assault and some of the teens understanding and views towards sexual assault. One girl believed if you kissed someone at a party you were agreeing to have sex with them. This lack of understanding is not only scary but something teens and young adults should be fully aware of. Consent is absolutely necessary, whether you've had sex with this person before, whether you are drunk, it doesn't matter if there is no consent it is sexual assault. It is not acceptable for people to blame the victim if they were drunk or under the influence, it doesn't matter what the victim was wearing, it doesn't matter if the victim didn't verbally say no, if it wasn't consenting, if they didn't want to, it was sexual assault. I feel as a society these issues and more knowledge on sexual assault needs to be a part of the education system. If we as a society aren't educated on the matter how we know what is wrong and what is right? 
I wanted to portray this in my project and created these close up images of the body. I wanted to express the vulnerability of the body and how victims of sexual assault having a metaphoric imprint on their skin from the offender. I didn't want to create graphic images of a sexual nature, but for the images to not necessarily obviously represent the meaning behind them. This links to the representation of the images for how sexual assault victims carry this burden unseen day to day. I wanted these images to be powerful but to allow everyone to interpret them individually. 

39 comments:

  1. Amazing Photos but above that, your project is really inspiring.

    Please check my Blog!! :)

    http://www.alessabernal.com/

    Alessa Bernal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I love your photos! Check out my blog pls oasisthemagazine.blogspot.de ((:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post! And beautiful and delicate pictures!
    Love, xxx
    www.Raquelcanofficial.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post and I totally agree with you. Also, lovely yet simple pictures.
    Love, Sarah
    http://thefashiondaily.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uau, amazing photos... so simple and beautiful.

    www.catmorais.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a real great article post. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But, yet, Isis (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) who'll rape U.S. if they ever set foot in this country (en mass), will do so ubiqitiously. So how can you even say equality and diversity?

    The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you.
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague

    ReplyDelete
  8. But, yet, Isis (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) who'll rape U.S. if they ever set foot in this country (en mass), will do so ubiqitiously. So how can you even say equality and diversity?

    The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you.
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mdrugs will help to recognise desires of Paravex Male Enhancement providing lot of semen extent and last longer in mattress for imparting giant delight on your lady obviously. men can enhance their self esteem levels and get admiration from their lady companions. girl companions even beg for greater satisfied love episodes. Age isn't a thing in recent times to reinforce your sexual stamina.For more ==== >>>>>> http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/paravex-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I love it when bloggers talk about topics that are important to them and close to their heart! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
    This is the first I'm reading from you and I'm already following your blog! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple amazing and empowering to women!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is good to use your talent to discuss this.

    ReplyDelete